Saturday, January 12, 2008

Co-op

Today's collage:

Hand-made papers. Seed Savers Exchange Catalog. Black and white photography and photograms left over from photo class, 2003. Random snips from an old dictionary. Memories of the cemetery beside the partially defunct mill building in my old neighborhood. I recall the expanse of moody sky, my moody walks through this – the biggest patch of earth not cloaked in concrete or asphalt for miles. People walked their dogs here, a few came to grieve, but mostly, it belonged to the birds.

Something else is surfacing in this piece, brewing up from down below, something besides this haunting lonely memory: an idea of community, of people coming together to build something... I did not consciously pick the word co-op. It simply appeared in the sift of paper on my desk.

Details:









SOLD

No comments: