Monday, February 9, 2009

More from the Archive

Years ago, I acquired a small, old-fashioned suitcase, a squarish hard-sided cosmetic case with leather re-enforced corners and a matching handle. I thought it was charming, and stared into it for quite a while before deciding what belonged inside. Eventually, I knew: markers, crayons, colored pencils, scissors, a few watercolors, and a stack of stiff paper cut to roughly postcard sizes.

I called the case my Postcard Kit and took it with me everywhere, pulling it out whenever my hands were free, often times when my friend's hands were free as well. The Postcard Kit became a portable art party, not to mention a source of secondary income. Many of the little one-of-a-kind artworks I made and then stashed in the Postcard Kit were sold along the way, but I've held onto a few...


Cassandra




Key West Feral Chicken




Do-It-Yourself




Portent




Reflection




Plans

1 comment:

Shonna said...

Reflection, is my favorite. It's beautiful ♥