Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ann Herbert and Other Wonders




I've got a show going up at Windham Hospital (Windham, CT) for the month of February. And a half-hour interview on a local TV program (Artists and Authors) which has broadcast once or twice already and I haven't seen it yet myself. Yikes! I've also got a sudden obsession with making digital geometric compositions, such as the one I posted above.

Also, I recently discovered Ann Herbert. You know that bumper sticker, "practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty"? That's Ann Herbert. She's got a blog chock full of inspiring and thought-provoking one-liners. And I found some longer work on this site. Here's a snippet from "The Idea":
The idea is you have some great ideas.

The idea is sometimes you don't notice your great ideas because they are very different than what already exists.


That difference, which makes you shy off your ideas, is part of what makes your ideas great, and needed
...

... A guy I used to work for, Stewart Brand, said that once you have an idea you have about five minutes to do something about it. You don't have to do everything the idea calls for within five minutes, but you've got to do something right away to make it real.


That's a good idea, too.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I just checked this out and I LOVE this site! I also owe you an email about your postcards... I'm planning on catching up this weekend. Just started a new job...it's a distracting, happiness. Hope you are well, Amy!